A collecting debt attorney can handle all types of cheques, notes and negotiable instrument. There are so many dishonoured cheques that holder of the cheque has no hope to receive it. A collecting debt attorney is able to collect these cheques.
Have you ever heard about criminal or legal cheque? This term is used only for dishonoured cheques and relates to the liability of person issuing the cheque. If the cheque is criminal, you can also imprison the account holder (issuer) in addition to receiving funds of the cheque; but if the check is legal, you can only receive funds of the cheque.
For better understanding, we explain differences between hiring and not hiring attorney in collecting cheques.
A cheque is a document whereby an issuer can take all or part of money in his/her bank account or give it to someone else.
If you hire an attorney for collecting funds of the cheque:
- The time of issuing sentences against the cheque’s issuer will be reduced.
- There will be no need for presence of the plaintiff in court.
- If the property has been identified, the attorney can quickly seize it.
- An attorney can arrange a separate lawsuit to compensate the client’s damages caused by delay.
- If the cheque is criminal in nature, the attorney can obtain a writ of summons.
The institute has always emphasized public announcement of basic human rights. Therefore, we always invite people to study the laws and consider the society’s challenges and news.
So if you face any problems or have legal questions, there is a section where you can receive free legal advisory services and ask all your legal questions.